[Bese-devel] entry points other than index.ucw

Chris Capel pdf23ds at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 15:42:14 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:46:31 +0100, Marco Baringer <mb at bese.it> wrote:
> Chris Capel <pdf23ds at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hmm...
> >
> > I have an application with a entry point "diary.ucw". All actions lead
> > the page to "index.ucw?blahblahblah".
> >
> > I think standard-action-url-generator should probably be taken out
> > completely, as people wanting custom behavior can just define a method
> > around generate-action-url. And then generate-action-url should
> > probably extract the xxxx.ucw portion from the request URL.
>
> yeah, that's probably the best solution for now. what i'd like,
> eventually, is to allow each component to chose what the links it (or
> a nested component) generate. this will require a component
> dependency protocol (ala clim's grafting/adopting protocol), which
> still requires some thought.

I've been thinking about this too. Ideally, there would be a way to
allow an application to encode its backtracking slots into a URL like
"myapp.ucw/slot1val/slot2val" and so on. And then, only when the user
took an action which required some sort of continuations would the
session information be included (possibly in a cookie, leaving the URL
nice and pristine). So you can mix REST and continuation approaches
freely. Is something along these lines what you're thinking of?

Chris Capel
--
"What is it like to be a bat? What is it like to bat a bee? What is it
like to be a bee being batted? What is it like to be a batted bee?"