[Bese-devel] Re: [Clump] UnCommon Web version 0.1 - "learning to crawl"

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Sun Dec 7 10:40:44 UTC 2003

Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at beta9.be> writes:

> And then invoked it on the command line and tried to open the URL
> http://localhost:3001/ucw/examples in Safari.

ucw has not yet decided how to handle 404 errors, this is certainly
one part of the problem, you should try one of:

http://localhost:3001/ucw/examples/hello-world
http://localhost:3001/ucw/examples/counter
http://localhost:3001/ucw/examples/error
http://localhost:3001/ucw/admin/

(the presence or lack of trailing slashes is important)

> This gave an error in a 'worker' thread, to which I yielded to see a
> backtrace.

[snip]

> This is the listener interaction:
>  > Error in process 1-aserve-worker(2): Unknown type specifier:
>    NET.URI::ALPHA-CHAR
>  > While executing: CCL::%%TYPEP

i have gotten this error before, unfortunetly i can't reliably
reproduce it and from looking at the code i don't really understand
why it happens. i'll need to investigate more.

Forget your perfect offering.