patch from qres

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 23:41:57 UTC 2013

I have a patch for babel as used by qres.

It was originally written by Scott McKay and Dan Weinreb (RIP), to
1- add support for CESU-8 (as infamously used by Oracle).
2- speed up babel (and measure the speed)
Plus by me to
3- support XCVB.

I've removed some extraneous type declarations from SWM&DLW,
where some other macro already declared a type, and also removed
some handling for surrogate codes that was already added upstream since.

The patch is attached (against HEAD on github).

Invent a clever saying, and your name shall live forever.
        — Anonymous