[babel-devel] octets-to-string with UTF8 and Byte Order Marker

Rob Blackwell rob.blackwell at aws.net
Thu Apr 21 21:36:12 UTC 2011

Luis,

I updated my .emacs as follows and it worked

(set-language-environment "UTF-8")
(load (expand-file-name "~/quicklisp/slime-helper.el"))
(setq slime-net-coding-system 'utf-8-unix)

I'm still a little confused as to why the length is 4 and not 3 - shouldn’t the byte order mark have been discarded?

Many thanks!

Rob.