[babel-devel] question about #\Nul char and Unicode

Vsevolod Dyomkin vseloved at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 11:58:43 UTC 2010

Hello Luís,

after some more examination I've discovered, that the error really was not
connected with Babel, but rather with some "impedance mismatch" between CFFI
and ZMQ: CFFI currently is able to support only null-terminated strings,
while ZMQ operates in blobs, so TRANSLATE-FROM-FOREIGN was fed with the
data, it was not ready to handle.

I've prepared a patch to CFFI, that can handle this situation (additional
TRANSLATE- method for string blobs of known size) and will soon send it, if
I no better solution will be found.

Best regards,
Vsevolod