[asdf-install-devel] unable to find installed package

Hugh Myers hsmyers at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 01:34:26 UTC 2009

I'm running asdf-install with CLisp and Cygwin. Pretty much a happy camper
except for one niggle. After installing a package, say cl-ppcre I am unable
to execute a (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :cl-ppcre) until I add a sym-link
from the 'registry' directory to the (in my case)
/usr/local/asdf-install/site-systems/cl-ppcre.asd file (I suppose the link
is from the file to the directory, but you know what I mean). After that it
works fine. Seems like this is something the install procedure should do? I
notice though that even with the sym-link, placing such a command in
.clisprc doesn't do anything, seemingly ignored. I know more ways to screw
up a simple set of instructions than most would believe possible so I'm
assuming that I've taken a wrong turn somewhere along the way. Guidance from
anyone would be most helpful...

--hsm