[asdf-install-devel] asdf-install on Windows XP and SBCL 1.0.13

Praki Prakash praki.prakash at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 05:22:23 UTC 2008

Hi Gary,

I am sorry it took so long. I followed your instructions to move the
files up one level. I am still stuck and wanted to try my hand at
debuginng this problem. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do
figure this out yet. The latest error is this.

;;; ASDF-INSTALL: Installing CL-JSON in C:\Documents and Settings\pprakash\.sbcl
\site\, C:\Documents and Settings\pprakash\.sbcl\systems\

debugger invoked on a END-OF-FILE:
  end of file on #<SB-IMPL::STRING-INPUT-STREAM {B47C451}>

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

(READ-LINE #<SB-IMPL::STRING-INPUT-STREAM {B47C451}> T NIL #<unused argument>)
0]

debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR:
  #<SB-IMPL::STRING-OUTPUT-STREAM {B479AF9}> is closed.

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

(SB-KERNEL:CLOSED-FLAME #<SB-IMPL::STRING-OUTPUT-STREAM {B479AF9}>)
0[2]

debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR:
  non-empty buffer when EOF reached while reading from child: #(47 99 121 103
                                                                100 114 105 118
                                                                101 47 99 47
                                                                ...)

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

Looks like it is trying to use cygpath.exe to find the os-dependent
name for the tar file and fails. I am not sure why. Do you have any
new suggestions for me to tryout?

Thanks,
Praki