[asdf-install-devel] Re: [cclan-list] proposed asdf-install patch

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Fri Feb 29 21:55:59 UTC 2008

Gary King wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Sorry for the slow response. Look at
> http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf-install.

Sorry.  I'm still confused.

1.  I thought there was portable-asdf-install and sbcl asdf-install, but
this page doesn't talk about that.  Have the two been fused?

2.  Any chance of smashing the ASDF-INSTALL decoy CVS repository?  Seems
like it's only raison d'etre is to fool people like me into using
bitrotted code....

Failing that, how about putting a (WARN ...) form into the asdf system
definition for asdf-install in the CCLAN CVS repository so that people
who have an up-to-date cvs checkout will know they are using deprecated
code?

As an aside, darcs is busted on Mac OSX tiger, at least with fink :-(

I kin probably do a git mirror for myself....

Best,