[asdf-install-devel] Patches, Darcs, 'n' stuff

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 21:01:42 UTC 2007

> I think that It should be possible to include your patches in the
> darcs repository without making them the tip. If we can figure out
> the syntax so that folks who grab ASDF-Install will get the "plain"
> version while folks who want it can get it the cutting edge version,
> them I'm happy to host your changes (Attila, do you know the
> mechanics for doing this?). I'm also happy to link to your repo. Just
> let me know.

the usual way people deal with it is to have a stable and an unstable
branch. all the developers are working with the unstable branch and
after test periods or someone doing their own exhaustive tests,
several patches at once are pulled into the stable branch to
constitute a stable state of the development. this may involve pulling
patches from unstable out of order (i.e. bugfixes are pulled while
some new features are not yet).

playing with tags is not too good because it's hard to communicate up
to which tag people should pull and getting the repo also gets the
head.

hth,

--
 attila