[asdf-install-devel] Dealing with tar on Windows.

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Mon Nov 12 14:29:26 UTC 2007

Hi Dan,

This sounds great. I'm certainly interested in the patches and think
that they'd be beneficial to Windows users. (and my apologies to
previous Windows fixers whose patches didn't make it in due to my
lack of time and Windows box).

One question I have is whether cygwin is required for these patches
to work (I'm guessing that this is the only way currently to get tar
support so that the answer is no)?

A darcs patch is the preferred method but diffs are OK too.

thanks,