[asdf-install-devel] Announce: 0.6.8

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Sun Mar 18 01:36:23 UTC 2007

Hot on the heels of 0.6.7, [ASDF-Install][] fixes a long-standing bug
discovered by Gabor Melis: ASDF-Install was no longer working with
local archives. With 0.6.8, you can now once again point ASDF-Install
at a `tar.gz` file on your computer and happily install it.

0.6.8 also makes some changes aimed at simplifying the portability
layer and adds a few more tests. I recently installed [Parallels][]
on my OS X box but haven't gotten gotten setup enough to use it for
Windows testing. I hope to check things out over this weekend but the
best laid plans... So, please let me know right away if I've made
something worse.

[ASDF-Install]: http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf-install/
[Parallels]: http://www.parallels.com/en/products/workstation/mac/

--