[asdf-install-devel] Ugh. CLISP, files, pathnames.

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Fri Dec 28 15:40:10 UTC 2007

Hi Dan,

> DELETE-DIRECTORY-AND-FILES and its supporting methods are onerous to
> get working with CLISP because of its bizarrely strict interpretation
> of PROBE-FILE and DELETE-FILE, its limited support of :WILD-INFERIORS,
> and its frequent intolerance of :UNSPECIFIC.

bummer.

> I would have thought that CL-FAD had already dealt with most of
> this. Did you have problems with it?

No, I didn't have problems. Though there were a few slight design
issues I didn't like, it worked fine. I removed it because it seemed
like "just one more thing". If you want to restore it, that would be
fine. I'm happy to do this too (and hope to have a few hours this
weekend to look at it and your other patches) so if you'd rather wait,
that's fine too (just let me know <smile>).

thanks for your continuing efforts, this cleanup work is _great_ and
will let us move into 2008 with the hope for more features!
--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com
Cell: (413) 559 8738