[asdf-install-devel] Announce: ASDF-Install -unstable- with better Windows support

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Mon Dec 3 04:20:27 UTC 2007

Thanks to Dan Muller, Andy Cristina and Attila Lendvai, ASDF-Install
should now play more nicely on Windows systems. The change log has the
details but here is the summary:

 > Summarizing: On Windows we will now use *GNU-TAR-PROGRAM* and
   *SHELL-SEARCH-PATHS* just like on UNIX. We still assume Cygwin and
   still run cygpath on the tar arguments. We no longer use
   *CYGWIN-BASH-PROGRAM*, but we still honor *CYGWIN-BIN-DIRECTORY*. Are
   these changes 100% backwards compatible? No, some failure cases will
   fail differently. But out-of-the-box success, using Cygwin, and
   without customization, is more likely.

Because of the magnitude of these changes, I've setup an unstable
darcs repository. You can get these using

     darcs get http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf-install

there is also a tarball at

     http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf-install/asdf-install-unstable/asdf-install.tar.gz

the tarball is signed with my GPG key.

Please enjoy and let me know if anything seems amiss (let me here is
it all works for you too so that I can move these changes into the
stable repository...).

Thanks,
--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com