[asdf-install-devel] gpg program assumed to be on path

Sunil Mishra smishra at sfmishras.com
Mon Dec 4 18:06:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

I recently made some adjustments to paths on my laptop, and realized
that removing cygwin bin directory from my path (which is the
recommended cygwin configuration) caused asdf-install to stop working.
asdf-install seems to execute gpg assuming it is there on the user's
path, which in this case is inappropriate.

I tried writing a patch, but this isn't a small fix. The tar program's
execution is very different from the gpg program's, whereas I would have
expected both programs to be executed under some sort of unified
framework. There is no general program execution framework at present.

Sunil