Earlier posting

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Jan 10 16:16:22 UTC 2022

I have received some nice emails, and I appreciate them very much.

However, in other fora there have been discussions about ASDF and
Flexi-streams.  That may be interesting, but it misses the key point --
or perhaps it reinforces the key point: this community seems to think
it's normal for someone to say that they want to pressure another
volunteer maintainer into changing a decision they don't like by
breaking software, and trying to raise anger in the community.

Surely a little attention to today's news shows that rage-stoking is not
a means to building a healthy community of any sort.  I understand that
confronting this issue is more difficult than talking about whether or
not ASDF should be issuing a warning.  But that's not the question that
is at hand.

I will move to silence on this certainly at least for the rest of the
day.

Best to all