"How-to" request

Marco Antoniotti marco.antoniotti at unimib.it
Fri Mar 19 17:58:03 UTC 2021

Hi

I am trying to create a new ASDF:OPERATION, but I must be missing something
and the manual (or Google) does not seem to help much.

How do you create a new operation, which may be quite simple?  Or better,
how do you get PERFORM and/or OPERATE to actually do something for you.

I know I should RTFM, but in this case it is more of a RTFC, which is far
more difficult.

I tried the following

(defclass my-op (non-propagating-operation) ())

(defmethod perform ((o my-op) (s system))
   (print 42))

(defmethod operate ((o my-op) (s system) &key &allow-other-keys)
   (print 666))

But then, doing

cl-user 42> (operate 'my-op (find-system "somesys") :bar 1024)
#<MY-OP >
#<ASDF/PLAN:SEQUENTIAL-PLAN 2301B97B>

is all I get.

Any tutorial or advice?

Thanks

--
Marco Antoniotti, Associate Professor         tel. +39 - 02 64 48 79 01
DISCo, Università Milano Bicocca U14 2043 http://dcb.disco.unimib.it