System cleanup

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 19:07:46 UTC 2021

Considering that SBCL upgraded to 3.1.5 in July 2015, I think you
should be pretty safe assuming that your users' ASDF is more recent
than 3.1.4.

What more, even Xach seems to have miraculously seen the light: one
months and one week ago, he updated the fallback ASDF in Quicklisp
from 2.26 to 3.2.1! That was the first update of ASDF in Quicklisp
since 2012, to a version then-current, to a version 4 years old. By
linear extrapolation, we should expect the next update to happen in
2030, to a version from 2022. I admit that I was thinking his next
move would be to downgrade ASDF to 1.369 (the last version before I
took over).

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. – Elbert Hubbard