only perfom when the output is missing

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 00:18:12 UTC 2021

That would be a great extension to have for ASDF in general, but would
have to be an extension, unless the maintainer is willing to put the
implementation of a fast hash function in ASDF. If so, I nominate
BLAKE3. It should take a few hundreds of lines of code—a relatively
small amount by ASDF 3.3 standards. And if the entry function is
not-inline, like all UIOP functions, it can be replaced by a very fast
implementation when a suitable cryptographic library is loaded.

He who says he will die for a cause will probably lie for it and may kill
for it.  — John McCarthy