Jenkins expertise?

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Oct 14 18:03:39 UTC 2020

> On Oct 14, 2020, at 19:34, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
>
> That would be great.  I have a Jenkins set up on a multi-core box at SIFT that for now runs only Allegro, SBCL and CCL.  It's hard for me to make it accessible to anyone else, though, because Jenkins is such a security nightmare: we keep access only to our VPN.

Are all the artifacts necessary to run the Jenkins pipeline in the ASDF
repository?  I haven’t used Jenkins in something like a decade, so I have long
forgotten anything I may have remembered, but will start figuring things out
tomorrow.

Running on Allegro, SBCL, CCL, ECL, and ABCL should be quite doable.  I have
yet to hit LispWorks up for a license, but will make the appropiate polite
request when I know more about how to keep the licensing secure for Allegro in
the Jenkins instance.

We should be able to provide somewhat of a progress report tomorrow around this
time as to how far we actually got to running the ASDF CI under Jenkins.

best,
Mark

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."