Help with random testing file system functions

Paul Griffioen pgriffel at gmail.com
Tue May 5 09:48:06 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Would anybody be willing to help me with the clfs package I have
written? The package defines contracts for all Common Lisp and UIOP
file system operations and can run random tests with them. I would
like to see what the random testing does on different combinations
of lisp implementations and file systems, and if implementation
independent contracts are feasible.

If the package works across implementations then the contracts can
help testing uiop and also each implementation's conformance to the
hyperspec. The problem is of course that the operations are not
defined that precisely, but results so far seem promising. I have run
the tests on Linux and Windows for sbcl and ccl. At this point there
are some edge cases left, but the general concept seems to work without
too many implementation specific details in the contracts.

The package can be found at https://github.com/lisper99/clfs. To run
the test you have to load the clfs-test package, create an empty
directory somewhere and call function clfs-test:test-contracts with
the directory as argument.

Any feedback or suggestions is appreciated.

Paul Griffioen