How to tell if we're being loaded by ASDF?

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 22:22:12 UTC 2020

Hi, this is a bit off the wall, but maybe there is a way to do it. A
web search didn't seem to find anything about it.

Is there a way to know that ASDF is loading stuff?

I have this situation. A file might be loaded by ASDF or it might be
loaded by hand. If it's being loaded by ASDF, then I'd like to do some
stuff differently.

Why might this file be loaded by hand, why not always use ASDF? Well,
it's not a Lisp file, it's a Maxima file being loaded by some
maxima-asdf hackery. I can't count on maxima-asdf working for anybody
else so I'm expecting that people will load it by hand instead of
ASDF. But if it is being loaded by ASDF, then I'd like to know that.

Thanks a lot for any info,

Robert Dodier