test-op and dependencies

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Mon Sep 30 11:26:01 UTC 2019

How test-op is expected to deal with tests in dependency libraries?

If my application depends on several libraries, which in turn depend on others,
when a user of my application asdf system runs test-op, is it expected to only run
tests of the application itself? Of my test-op implementation should
explicitly load and call tests of all dependencies?

I think it's better to recommend test-op implementations to run only
tests of this system itself and ASDF could provide a "recursive test op",
which runs tests on the whole dependency tree.