=?UTF-8?Q?Re:_PATCH:_SIGNAL_a_condition_on_test_failures, _for_use_with_A?= SDF:TEST-SYSTEM

Stelian Ionescu sionescu at cddr.org
Mon Sep 16 03:59:47 UTC 2019

Hi Vladimir,

The idea of having a protocol between ASDF and test frameworks is very good, but I don't think this is enough.
I'd like to have something that gathers enough information to allow building a suitable integration with continuous integration systems (there are already a few ad-hoc ones around).
For example, a common taxonomy of test status is: SUCEEDED, FAILED, BROKEN, SKIPPED, NOTSTARTED.

Whatever support ends up in ASDF should be sufficient to allow outputting common rest report formats, such as JUnit, TAP, etc... otherwise we risk ending up with something that cannot be improved because users start relying on it and we don't want to break backwards compatibility.
Mainly for this reason I also won't merge the FiveAM pull request. Until the ASDF support is in, adding some support to FiveAM is premature.

--
Stelian Ionescu