long-description

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 14:48:44 UTC 2019

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 8:30 AM Will Mengarini <seldon at eskimo.com> wrote:

> * Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> [19-02/25=Mo 15:37 -0600]:
> > Even if so, why not just add `:documentation-pathname`,
> > and then no one will have to worry about type errors?
>
> +1

Because adding a new slot means a new ASDF version with its own
feature and systems having to guard use of that slot with #+asdf3.4 to
avoid breaking on older versions of ASDF. I don't think this feature
is worth it. Actually, I'm not even sure the feature is worth this
discussion that I started, that looks more and more like bikeshedding.
My apologies for starting it.

Prior to capitalism, the way people amassed great wealth was by looting,
plundering and enslaving their fellow man. Capitalism made it possible to
become wealthy by serving your fellow man. ― Walter E. Williams