long-description

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Feb 25 19:31:59 UTC 2019

The more we discuss this, the more I think it's a solution in search of
a problem. Just using the standard ASDF file-inclusion capabilities
(that Faré shows in his email) seems sufficient to me, and also keeps
a nice uniformity -- if you want the long description, you ask for it,
and you know it's a string.  It also imposes a cost in complexity with
only a conjectural benefit (who would consume the new pathname
designations, **and** which library authors and maintainers would supply
it?).  If users are offended by the excess number of bytes, the macro
facility is available.

I prefer not to give the yak any more facial hair! 😉