Deferred warnings broken on SBCL 1.4.7

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed May 30 17:13:43 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 12:53 PM Eric Timmons <etimmons at mit.edu> wrote:
> Somewhat related, I was curious why ASDF doesn't use Gitlab CI to
> automatically run tests. It probably wouldn't have helped in this
> particular case since the root cause was a change outside ASDF, but
> it's still nice for things like merge requests.

Well, there's about ten different scriptable implementations on three major
platforms, plus multiple versions of each compiler and maybe extra
architectures to test for some of them. And then there are the software
licensing issues for those operating systems and the proprietary
implementations. Finally, a complete test set would probably include
non-regression with cl-test-grid.

Testing ASDF is a major undertaking. And even when all tests pass on all
platforms, we have bad surprises, as demonstrated by the bumpy releases 3.2
and 3.3.

That said, even one image running tests on one implementation without
cl-test-grid would be an obvious improvement over the current situation.

Not being the maintainer anymore, nor paid to do it anymore, not using it
for work or for fun anymore, I'd say "patches welcome".

—♯ƒ • François-René ÐVB Rideau •Reflection&Cybernethics•
http://fare.tunes.org
The state is the coldest of all cold monsters. Coldly it lies, too; and this
lie creeps from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people."  — Nietzsche