Testing for ASDF 3.3.2 and beyond?

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Fri Mar 2 02:22:52 UTC 2018

16.02.2018, 22:02, "Faré" <fahree at gmail.com>:

> Often failures in cl-test-grid are "just" the result of using too
> little memory,

not little memory, but SBCL's conservative (i.e. imprecise) garbage
collection - it doesn't always recognize that an object is a garbage.

I saw cases where CCL compiles a project under a 100MB heap,
while SBCL reproducibly runs out of 1GB heap.

> or batching system loads,

There is no batch loading, each test is run in a fresh CL process.

> or some other reason, and
> have to be retried.

I would put it differently: some failures may be ignored because
on the previous version they were successful by a chance,
and could faile the same way too.