POIU is bitrotten

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 19:49:04 UTC 2018

In case anyone cares (I suppose no one does), POIU, the parallel
operator on independent units, that parallelizes compilation (but not
or non-determinism, is current bitrotten and not working on ASDF
3.3.2.2, and I disabled its functionality. I don't have the time or
interest to fix it (I haven't been using CL at work for five years,
and have stopped using it for new personal projects).

The other option I know to parallelize a CL build is bazelisp (the
Lisp support for bazel.build), which I would bet is also bitrotten,
since I haven't touched it in years, either. [An earlier option I
worked on, XCVB, has bitrotten long ago.]

I am still available for advice in case someone wants to fix things —
better ask before the information gets evicted to long-term storage.

Superstition brings bad luck. — Saul Gorn