A thing I should know myself....

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Jun 14 17:50:43 UTC 2018

I have a library that provides `DEF-UNIMPLEMENTED` as a macro for
defining stub functions.  When you compile a file with unimplemented
functions, you get a warning of the type `FOO:UNIMPLEMENTED-STUB` in my
library `FOO`.

I'd like to put in an asdf system definition a file spec something like
this:

```
(:file "file-with-stubs"
   :method (:around (o c)
            (handler-bind
((foo:unimplemented-stub
                               #'(lambda (c)
                                   (print c)
                                   (muffle-warning c))
                 (call-next-method)))
```
but, of course, the package `foo` doesn't exist when this is read
(although I could put `(asdf:load-system "foo")` upstream of the
enclosing defsystem).

This isn't a case that's nicely consistent with Faré's hack for
translating strings or keyword symbols, nor does it seem easy to use
`find-symbol` for this purpose.

Thoughts?

thanks,