Introspecting test suite passing/failing

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 13:44:41 UTC 2018

> Instead of using ERROR for raising the condition, I am [going to use SIGNAL][1].  This will mean that as long as no handler for ASDF:TEST-SUITE-FAILURES is installed, the test suite can be invoked by a developer normally.  But when the automated test runner invokes the tests with an [appropiate handler installed][2], I’ll be able to make the test invocation “go red."

The manual ought to more strongly recommend using ERROR for raising
the condition. That's the one and only interface to warn casual users
that tests failed. Failing tests that fail to throw ERROR fail the
user in an even worse way.

Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."  — Nikodemus Siivola