POIU is bitrotten

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Jul 24 22:14:39 UTC 2018

Hi, Faré --

I had a look at POIU, because I thought it would be interesting to fix
this.  I got pretty badly bogged down, though, because there's a really
high barrier to entry in trying to run the tests.

The tests require that I have your exscribe system and its full
dependency tail.  I tried to collect it, but after getting down to about
the third level of transitive dependency, I gave up (partly this is
because ASDF is not helping me figure out what the full set of
dependencies is -- each time I grab a new dependency I may discover
others that are needed).

Would it be possible to shove the relevant git submodules into the POIU
repo?  Or somehow otherwise make the test runnable to anyone who checks
out the repo?

Thanks,