Multiple processing compiling the same file

Jim Newton jnewton at lrde.epita.fr
Tue Jan 23 12:51:17 UTC 2018

Apparently, this approach seems to work.   I’m not sure if it is the best approach.
Here is what my code looks like.  It creates a directory in /tmp/ and asdf:load-system
seems to compile the .fasl files into there.

(require :asdf)
(require :sb-posix)
(let ((home (directory-namestring (user-homedir-pathname)))
      (uid (sb-posix:getuid))
      (pid  (sb-posix:getpid)))
  (setf asdf::*user-cache* (ensure-directories-exist (format nil "/tmp~A~D/~D/" home uid pid))))

#-quicklisp
(let ((quicklisp-init
	"/lrde/home/jnewton/quicklisp/setup.lisp"))
  (if (probe-file quicklisp-init)
      (load quicklisp-init)
      (error "file not found ~S" quicklisp-init)))
(asdf:load-system :lisp-types-test)