Test-multiple

Faré fare at tunes.org
Tue Feb 20 16:49:06 UTC 2018

Indeed, the warning message should use ~@[in plan ~A~].

> It assumes that the user will understand what a just-done stamp is, and how
> it fits into a plan. This really asks too much.

This is indeed a very bad error message for users to see.
Admittedly, it's usually a symptom of a bug in the build system (or an
extension thereof), so users ideally never see them.

> It doesn't tell the user what's really wrong. And, I suspect in this case
> it's sort of ASDF's fault, and it's sort of the fault of the system -- the
> system has a bad name (it is a sub-system without a "slashy name"), and
> somehow when we have that, we get these warnings. If that's the case, then
> we should give the user the information about the root cause and suppress
> these warnings, which are just noise.

I don't know what the root cause is here, but this looks like the same
bug that is supposed to be fixed, and the fix works for me. Does
Jenkins use some fancy filesystem setup that confuses the timestamp
checking?

Politics is the only profession that does without learning, probably because
those who suffer from mistakes are not the same as those who make them.
        — Achille Tournier, Pensées d'automne