why does ASDF ask to please only define system/test?

Stas Boukarev stassats at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 20:55:34 UTC 2018

I specifically don't update cl-ppcre.asd, so that these messages annoy as
many people as possible and they complain to ASDF. cl-ppcre/test works
perfectly fine, nobody calls find-system on it, it's only ever used
via (asdf:test-system :cl-ppcre), which still works.

ASDF is an entrenched monopoly, there's no competition and you can't just
choose some other system to use. So it can change its behavior with every
release and all the users can do is just to suck it up.