Warning: Computing just-done stamp in plan NIL for action

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 13:48:28 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 9:41 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is your culprit: clear-system should NEVER be called within
> perform. It's removing the rug under ASDF as it's running -- very BAD,
> especially if there are many build phases. Unhappily, prove and other
> prove-based system skeletons (e.g. from caveman) have made this
> pattern popular. I sent patches to prove & al. at least six months
> ago, and wrote about this anti-pattern in my "best_practices"
> document, but I suppose the message didn't go around yet. Maybe I
> should make it an error for clear-system to be called from within an
> active asdf-session?

I see 97 mentions of clear-system in .asd files in quicklisp, so
obviously I wasn't thorough in chasing these mentions 6 months ago,
and I shouldn't make that an error until all these mentions are fixed.
But maybe it's possible to issue a warning? Oh well.

"Never ascribe to malice that which is caused by greed and ignorance."
                — Cal Keegan