monolithic-concatenate-source-op misses a few dependencies

Ben Vulpes benv at mavn.is
Sat Oct 14 20:43:36 UTC 2017

Fare et al.,

The Postmodern/usocket problem I encountered was in fact due to
cl-postgres not setting a feature flag in an :execute context:
https://github.com/marijnh/Postmodern/blob/57dc8cb4acc4599aee757e8f81999a0fa83c7111/cl-postgres/features.lisp#L8
. To digress from the list topic for half a second, this confuses me,
as that code refused to execute until I patched cl-postgres at that
point to also eval-when in :execute, even when loading the
concatenated sources with sbcl ... --load full-concatenation.lisp

More relevant to the list, other observations include: chipz mutates
*features* in :chipz-system, a package defined in chipz.asd, which
causes problems because the .asd files are not concatenated with the
sources (not suggesting this is something asdf should even concern
itself with); and both drakma and usocket call (asdf:component-version
(asdf:find-system ...)) at read time, which fails to find the package
in question when loading the concatenated source on a machine without
those packages in *central-registry*, because (I believe) as noted
above, monolithic-concatenate-source-op doesn't include system .asd
files. Again, I'm not suggesting that this behavior change.

Yours,
Ben

--
Ben Vulpes