Introducing Seed, an interactive software environment built on ASDF

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 02:00:25 UTC 2017

> The most ASDF-relevant module is this one:
> https://github.com/phantomics/seed/blob/master/seed.generate/generate.lisp
>
> The seed.generate package is the core of Seed, and its sprout class
> wraps ASDF systems. The describe-as-asdf-system method generates a
> system definition from a sprout. This method parses the I/O
> specification of a Seed system to generate the ASDF system.

What is the granularity of your seeds?

> You can see how the I/O specification works in these files.
> https://github.com/phantomics/seed/blob/master/demo-drawing/demo-drawing.seed
> https://github.com/phantomics/seed/blob/master/demo-sheet/demo-sheet.seed

I admit the semantics is not obvious. Maybe some documentation could help.
Otherwise, the code looks very clean, but I really don't have time for it now.
Thanks for advertising on the list, though -- your announcement is most welcome.

> I built the slides with the OSX application Keynote. The graphical
> elements were made in different ways. Some are screenshots of the Seed
> interface and experimental Seed extensions, some of which I scaled up or
> changed in other ways through the browser console, like by removing text
> content to emphasize the layout. Designs like the ones on pages 1 and 15
> are SVG graphics done in Inkscape.

Thanks.

BTW, are you around NYC or are you passing by in 2018? You could give
a talk at Lisp NYC.

Power is always dangerous. Power attracts the worst and corrupts the best.
        — Edward Abbey