ASDF release candidates

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 09:50:35 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 5:21 AM, Attila Lendvai <attila at lendvai.name> wrote:
>> Oh, you mean you had this bug before 3.3 already? That's a useful data
>> point!
>
> yes, i already used to see unnecessary rebuilding of uiop several
> months ago.
>
> getting rid of explicitly depending on uiop resolved this issue for
> me.
>
> i'm not sure whether explicitly depending on asdf also triggered this,
> but based on your advice that i read in some bug report somewhere, i
> also got rid of those dependencies.

That would have been worthy of an official bug report.

I'm quite interested in finding out how to fix things, and a reliable
test case would have been nice, if possible minimal, but not
necessarily.

Problem is: so far I could only reproduce on rather large builds, and
I suspect the issue is timestamp dependent, too :-/

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent — Eleanor Roosevelt
But you're only fooling yourself if you can't recognize your superiors — #f