Possible incompleteness in INPUT-FILES for DEFINE-OP

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Thu Jun 29 23:28:02 UTC 2017

What seems like the obvious solution to this problem is to invoke
RECORD-DEPENDENCY (with PLAN as NIL), but I'm afraid it's not entirely
clear how to use this function.  This is the DEFGENERIC:

  (defgeneric record-dependency (plan operation component)
    (:documentation "Record an action as a dependency in the current plan"))

So the action is the (OPERATION . COMPONENT) pair.  But in that case
what do you mean by "record as a dependency"?  I think of a dependency
as a relationship between two actions, as in "in order to perform the
foo operation on bar, you must perform the bletch operation on baz."
But this has only one action as argument.  So is this the depended on
action or the dependent action?  I presume the former, but if so, what
is the dependent action?

Thanks!