Pushed ASDF 3.1.7.8: fixes for CLISP, etc.

Elias Pipping pipping.elias at icloud.com
Thu Sep 1 14:17:43 UTC 2016

> On 28 Aug 2016, at 02:28, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sam Steingold (sds) probed me on some old bugs, which led me to waste
> a day debugging issues on and with CLISP.
>
> First I reproduced CLISP bug 677, figured out what CLISP was doing
> wrong (incorrect merging of logical pathnames in compile-file), and
> implemented a workaround (physicalize everything I can, trust
> compile-file's return value over my :output-file argument):
> https://sourceforge.net/p/clisp/bugs/677/
>
> Then, I found a cleaner fix to the issue with DIRECTORY wanting "*"
> rather than "*.*" as the match-all pattern on CLISP and GCL.

Dear Faré,

with 3.1.7.7, clisp-2.49 and clisp-git(*) passed test-logical-pathname.script for me.
With 3.1.7.8, clisp-git continues to pass test-logical-pathname.script for me, but clisp-2.49 now fails.

As far as I can tell, that’s because previously part of the test was disabled for clisp and is now unconditionally enabled.

I just want to make sure that this was intentional and known. I don’t know if functionality probed in the relevant part of the tests is crucial in order for ASDF to function but this might mean that clisp 2.49 can no longer be supported. If so, I would drop it from the list of platforms I’m testing with.

Elias

(*) https://github.com/Distrotech/clisp.git

PS: I’ve switched to another machine since I last compiled the list of supported platforms and the issue I had with clisp-git is gone now.