Incremental defsystem dependencies

Stelian Ionescu sionescu at cddr.org
Tue Nov 29 21:01:50 UTC 2016

> Dear Stelian, dear Lispers,

[...]
> > Stelian, how sad would you be if you have to segregate
> > defsystem-depends-on to refer to systems in separate files?
> >
> Stelian, what do you think?

I would be quite sad, because from my point of view as a user the whole point of the slash-systems was to have all systems in a library in a single file. That said, it's mostly an æsthetic concern, I can live with it.

I suppose this shows one more time the limits of the naively parsing .asd files using CL:EVAL. One can't easily do a two-pass evaluation of the definitions therein.

--
Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix