Work-around built-in ~/common-lisp/ in search path?

Attila Lendvai attila at lendvai.name
Wed Nov 16 19:41:47 UTC 2016

> I could do that, but I that would also delete
>
>       system-source-registry
>       system-source-registry-directory and
>       default-system-source-registry
>
> ... which I feared might cause me access to bundled SBCL libraries.

i wanted to answer that you shouldn't be afraid, because it's
implemented through an entry in
asdf:*system-definition-search-functions*, but then i saw that it's
not anymore, and i couldn't even find out in 5 minutes how ASDF finds
SBCL contribs.

nevertheless, i have this in my
~/.config/common-lisp/source-registry.conf:

(:source-registry
  (:also-exclude "sbcl" "disabled-systems" "build")
  (:tree (:home "common-lisp/"))
  (:tree "/usr/local/share/common-lisp/source/")
  :ignore-inherited-configuration)

and the SBCL contribs are found.

--
• attila lendvai