Altering ASDF execution plan

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon May 30 17:59:17 UTC 2016

>> 2. Suppose I have a system `foo` that depends on `bar`. Now, I
>> explicitly call `(load-system :bar)`. How can I ensure that when I call
>> `(load-system :foo)` no compile/load action is performed on `bar`?
>
> That should automatically happen: ASDF should check bar, note that no
> changes have been made to it, and take the previous load as sufficient.

Unhappily, ASDF fails to register a dependencies if you call
load-system (or operate in general) while either loading a .asd file
or performing an action. This is actually the same bug as
defsystem-depends: on.https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/1500578

The 'private sector' of the economy is, in fact, the voluntary sector;
and the 'public sector' is, in fact, the coercive sector. ― Henry Hazlitt