Simple (?) Windows question

Daniel Kochmański daniel at turtleware.eu
Mon Mar 21 20:38:47 UTC 2016

Don't know about the other implementations, but afair ECL puts :cygwin
in the *features*. Maybe check, if trivial-features handles cygwin
portably?

Best regards,
Daniel

Robert Goldman writes:

> Is there some way that a CL implementation can know whether it is
> running under a Unix-alike like Cygwin or MinGW?
>
> If we use RUN-PROGRAM to interrogate the environment, we do so using
> CMD.exe, so I'm not sure how CMD.EXE would know if it was being run as
> the grandchild of a bash process.
>
> AFAICT Cygwin (and I don't know about MinGW) don't put anything into
> their environments that I can obviously see.  E.g., if I start a lisp
> inside cygwin and do (GETENV "OS") I just see "Windows_NT".
>
> Thanks,

Daniel Kochmański ;; aka jackdaniel | Poznań, Poland
TurtleWare - Daniel Kochmański      | www.turtleware.eu

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi