Windows will no longer be supported by ASDF, or ASDF, Windows, Cygwin -- oh, my!

Stas Boukarev stassats at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 20:16:02 UTC 2016

Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> writes:

> On 3/21/16 Mar 21 -3:01 PM, Jason Miller wrote:
>> Mingw translates command-line arguments that look like a path into
>> windows style pathnames if the DLL is present.
>
> I'm wondering what happens if you have a Lisp running under Mingw.
> Might the environment variables that the Lisp sees be populated with
> pathnames that aren't good Windows PNs?
Running SBCL from within msys:
* *default-pathname-defaults*

#P"c://"
* (truename "Program Files")

#P"c://Program Files/"

Not sure what the double slash is about, it's not present when run from cmd.exe

The msys shell itself seems to be translating things to /c/Program
Files/

--
With best regards, Stas.