Windows will no longer be supported by ASDF, or ASDF, Windows, Cygwin -- oh, my!

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Mon Mar 21 14:38:16 UTC 2016

On 3/21/16 Mar 21 -9:34 AM, Stas Boukarev wrote:
> I never liked the idea of cygwin, mingw (via msys2) seems to be
> working pretty well for me.

Any chance you could grab a copy of the git repo and run the tests on
Windows?

I'm relatively confident that everything works the same across lisp
implementations on Windows now.  The same tests fail for me everywhere.

The tests failing, AFAICT, are mostly due to Cygwin environment bleeding
into the environment used by the Lisp (which interacts with Windows
through CMD.EXE).  My guess is that these will fail in pretty much the
same way under mingw, but I have never used mingw, so I can't really
say.  Does it have its own pathname syntax, the way cygwin does?  (You
can tell I don't use windows -- except for testing ASDF!).