Fixed performance bug in UIOP:DIRECTORY-FILES

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Mon Jun 13 16:43:16 UTC 2016

On 6/10/16 Jun 10 -8:41 PM, Faré wrote:
> I bumped ASDF to 3.1.7.1 after I fixed a performance bug in
> directory-files that made it quadratic instead of linear, due to some
> remove-duplicates used for logical-pathnames.
> The fix was to only use this quadratic behavior for LPNs. If you use
> LPNs, you deserve to lose on large directories. LPNs are for legacy
> Lisp code with relatively few files, only.
>
> —♯ƒ • François-René ÐVB Rideau •Reflection&Cybernethics• http://fare.tunes.org
> The best of all regimes is one where I am the head honcho of a worldwide empire.
>  — Winston Churchill (his most famous quip, as translated to plain English)

For whatever reason, on my Mac, this fails test-clean-load on lispworks.

But I'm not sure where the output of test clean load goes, so I don't
know what's going wrong.  There's no obvious bad output in
build/results/lispworks*

Running under make I get an error 65 for

make test-clean-load l=lispworks

Running

run-tests.sh -c lispworks

I get no output at all, but the exit code is 65.

Still investigating.

Possibly this is just some mess in my lispworks copy.