serious-condition

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 03:47:16 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 5:08 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> Question: shouldn't I add this as
>
> (deftype FATAL-CONDITION ...)
>
> and try to use that everywhere, instead of writing duplicate code
> everywhere?  That would also solve the "lists in match-condition-p" problem.

Indeed, that's an even better factorization.

> I think the CCL folks agree that it was a mistake to make PROCESS-RESET
> a SERIOUS-CONDITION, but we have to live with it.

Yes. That's a good reason to export fatal-condition from uiop/image,
since it's a generally useful abstraction perfectly fit for the
purposes of uiop.

To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure;
to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy.
               — David Brooks, "The Necessity of Atheism"