Where is cl-launch.asd?

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Mon Jan 11 13:53:11 UTC 2016

On 1/10/16 Jan 10 -11:38 PM, Faré wrote:
> cl-launch extracts the .asd file from cl-launch.sh, and thus doesn't
> include it in its git. Usually it's extracted by the Makefile's target
> source or install_source, but we try to keep the git checkout pristine
> except for the build/ directory (though, unhappily, test/ is also
> touched, and even the main asdf/ directory, by some test and release
> scripts).
>
> The asdf-tools script has its own defsystem "cl-launch/dispatch" to
> work around that.
>
> What are you trying to do? You may want to make -C ext/cl-launch
> source, or to emulate the defsystem used by asdf-tools.

Sorry about the last.  Wrestling with auto-correct on the iPad.

The error I got WAS from using the defsystem in asdf-tools, trying to
load asdf-tools into a CL REPL in SLIME.

When I try to do this cl-scripting/commands depends on
cl-launch/dispatch, which cannot be found by ASDF.

If an ASD file must be generated from the Makefile, then ASDF *must do
this without manual invocation of make*.  The whole claim of the
minimakefile was that the scripting could be moved to CL, and the
architecture of cl-launch seems to break this.

Will you please either fix cl-launch so that it can auto-run make, if
that's possible, or abandon the "pristine" git checkout?

Otherwise cl-launch foils the very intent of the minimakefile.

Thank you,

Robert