Thoughts on CL-scripting

Attila Lendvai attila at lendvai.name
Mon Feb 29 19:37:46 UTC 2016

> 3- It fails badly when asdf itself is so broken that it can't load
> asdf-tools. I only very recently (January 2016) modified the lisp
> scripting infrastructure to build an executable ./build/asdf-tools the
> first time they are called, hopefully with a stable working asdf.

isn't this a standard bootstrapping issue?

and the usual way to resolve that is to use git to check out the
latest stable version into a tmp dir, build the tool, and then use the
freshly built tool to test the bleeding edge.

for reference gambit scheme has a sophisticated method set up for
adding new features that are then used in the compiler implementation
in version n+1.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39